Doona provides an opportunity to purchase a productive mixed farm in the tightly held Coolah Market. This vibrant property has been held by this farming family for over fifty years and is being offered due to retirement.
The property is located 30 kms West of Coolah on a tar road. It is located ninety minutes from Mudgee or Dubbo. Doona has been run as a mixed farming enterprise, running cattle or sheep as well as cash crops, it is very versatile.
The country is primarily flat with a rise to the rear of the property. It consists of 13 paddocks with 8 dams and troughs throughout, with two solar run bores. Soil is red basalt and sandy loams. There is a mix of farming country and improved pastures. Total area is 571 ha or 1,428 acres.
The generous country homestead is well maintained and presented featuring:
* Four large bedrooms with one main bathroom
* Spacious kitchen including 900mm electric stove and oven
* Dining area that opens out onto an enclosed verandah offering magnificent views over the property
* Large living / lounge room with bar area
* Heating and Cooling - Slow Combustion wood-fire and split system air-conditioning plus ceiling fans
* Lovingly maintained gardens
Improvements to the property include:
* Good Fencing- Ringlock and Barb completed in last 10 years
* 28x13x5m Hay Shed
* 37m Machinery Shed, 1 Bay Concreted for Workshop
* Additional Concrete Floored Car Shed/ Workshop
* Permanent Steel Cattle Yards
* 2 Stand Very Workable Shearing Shed with Excellent Sheep Yards
* Coolroom with Meat House
* Chicken Pen
* 1x 50tonne Silo
* 2x Solar Systems
* 3000gal Tank for Top Bore which runs water to 4 paddocks
* Excellent Bore at Homestead, 5000gal tank which waters existing paddocks and house yard.
* Homestead Rain Water Tank 5000gal
* Excellent Fencing on Property, Ringlock & Barb completed in the last 10 years
* Well Fertilized over the years with Single Super & Starter 15
* School Bus to front gate
* Mail 3 times a week
Owner reports production capacity is currently 150 cows and calves.
For further information or to arrange an inspection, please contact Shelley Piper on 0429 771031.